WikiLeaks: More US documents coming on Afghan war
By Raphael Satter and Kimberly Dozier, Associated Press Writers – Mon Jul 26, 2010
LONDON – The release of some 91,000 secret U.S. military documents on the Afghanistan war is just the beginning, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange promised Monday, adding that he still has thousands more Afghan files to post online.
The White House, Britain and Pakistan have all condemned the online whistle-blowing group's release Sunday of the classified documents, one of the largest unauthorized disclosures in military history. The Afghan government in Kabul said it was "shocked" at the release but insisted most of the information was not new.
The documents cover some known aspects of the troubled nine-year conflict: U.S. special operations forces have targeted militants without trial, Afghans have been killed by accident, and U.S. officials have been infuriated by alleged Pakistani intelligence cooperation with the very insurgent groups bent on killing Americans.
Still, they also included unreported incidents of Afghan civilian killings and covert operations against Taliban figures.
Assange told reporters in London that what's been reported so far on the leaked documents has "only scratched the surface" and said some 15,000 files on Afghanistan are still being vetted by his organization.
For complete article, click here
Q&A: What do WikiLeak documents tell us? - CNN
Pakistan Aids Insurgency in Afghanistan, Reports Assert - New York Times
Leaks Add to Pressure on White House Over Strategy - NYT
Hamid Gul Responds to WikiLeaks Allegations - WSJ