Malik blames LJ for Karachi Ashura blast
By Amir Wasim
Dawn, Friday, 15 Jan, 2010
ISLAMABAD: The government disclosed in the National Assembly on Thursday that the banned outfit Lashkar-i-Jhangvi (LJ) had carried out the bomb blast in Karachi’s Ashura procession that killed 45 people and injured 46 others.
Speaking at the start of a debate on an opposition-moved adjournment motion on the Karachi violence, Interior Minister Rehman Malik claimed the government had sufficient evidence that showed the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, Lashkar-i-Jhangvi, Jaish-i-Muhammad and Al Qaeda had formed a network which was behind terrorist activities.
The interior minister said a final report on the Karachi bombing would be presented in the house in 10 days.
He said that so far 30 people had been arrested on charges of involvement in looting and burning shops in Boulton Market soon after the Ashura blast on Dec 28.
These people, he said, were identified through CCVT footages collected by security officials. They belonged to various groups and weapons stolen from two arms shops had been recovered from them, he added.
For complete article, click here